Recommended Best WordPress SEO Plugins For Your Blog
For most of the website, search engines are a primary source of traffic. That’s why we use many tools, techniques as well as plugins for improving SEO of our WordPress sites.
As far as plugins are concerned, thousands of plugins are available over the internet claiming to improve WordPress SEO. So which WordPress SEO plugin is worth using? Which is best SEO plugin for WordPress?
It’s normal for the beginner to get confused in picking best WordPress SEO plugins. Don’t worry I have done research for you, so you don’t need to.
In this article, I will share a list of recommended and best WordPress SEO plugins for your blog that will undoubtedly improve your WordPress site SEO. The list includes both free as well as premium SEO plugins.
The plugin included in this article has been tested and reviewed by me. Even I have been using all these SEO plugins on all my WordPress sites including your humble BroughtMeUp.
You don’t need to use all the WordPress SEO plugins listed, choose and use the one that is appropriate for your blog.
If you think any good best SEO plugin is missing from the list, do let us know via comments and we will review and if worthy will surely add them to this list of best WordPress SEO plugins.
Best WordPress SEO Plugins For Your Blog
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast WordPress SEO plugin is one of the most downloaded WordPress plugins of all time. Indeed, it is the best SEO plugin for WordPress which is free. It offers a complete solution for your on-site SEO.
At BroughtMeUp, we are also using WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin.
Features of WordPress SEO By Yoast:
- Allows you to add meta value for the homepage.
- Also, it allows you to add meta value for a single post. You can add SEO title, meta description and meta keywords to every post and page on your WordPress blog.
- With Yoast SEO, you can also add a custom title for your homepage, archives, category and tag pages.
- Helps Improving Social SEO as it allows you to add open graph metadata, Twitter cards to your WordPress site.
- With Yoast SEO plugin create the sitemap for your WordPress blog and it automatically pings search engine when you publish a new post or update your site.
- You can prevent duplicate content issue by using ref=canonical tags.
- You can edit robots.txt and .htaccess file directly from your WordPress dashboard.
- Yoast SEO also allows you to control indexing of your WordPress blog.
And the features list goes on. It minimizes plugins requirement so you don’t need extra plugins like Robots Meta and RSS footer. WordPress SEO By Yoast has all and hence also helps in reducing site load time.
You can check out my article on how to setup WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin.
2. SEOPressor WordPress Plugin
SEOPressor is a premium plugin and offers more features for on-site optimization. It is one of the best SEO plugins for WordPress.
Features Of SEOPressor:
- On-Page SEO and Multiple Keyword Analysis: It provides real-time evaluation and recommendations to improve your WordPress SEO. It also lets you check keyword SEO score. It provides complete keyword optimization for your blog post.
- Over Optimization Check: It helps you to overcome Google’s SEO over optimization penalty. Bloggers usually over do SEO and get penalized by Google. This results in your blog lose search engine ranking. It formats your post by dropping unnecessary bolding, italicizing and underlining.
- Rich Snippets Support: SEOPressor has structured data support and let you add star rating on your review posts in SERPs.
- LSI Recommendations: LSI keywords helps you in finding relevant keywords from your main keywords and recommend these keywords so that by adding these LSI keywords you can help search engine to understand your content better, thus increasing your search engine ranking.
And again the list goes on and on. Also, it also allows you to have a very useful automatic smart linking feature. This is a premium plugin that costs $47 one time fees for a single domain only.
3. Broken Link Checker
Broken links not only frustrate your blog users but also affects your WordPress site’s SEO. These broken links are just dead-end of search engine spiders. So, You should check for internal as well as external broken links (404 links) and fix them.
Broken link checker helps you in this issue. Broken link checker allows you to find broken links on your WordPress site. And you can even fix them without even editing your blog post.
The only limitation is that Broken Link Checker is resource extensive plugin that usually slows down your server.
4. Rel Nofollow Checkbox
Sometimes we need to link to an external site, and when we do that, we are giving away some site authority. To prevent that you can add a Nofollow attribute to that link.
You can make all external links as Nofollow in WordPress, but this is not good for your blog SEO. Sometimes you should give dofollow attribute to a trusted site as it is highly helpful for SEO.
Rel Nofollow Checkbox is a free plugin that adds a rel=”Nofollow” checkbox in the Insert link popup of WordPress post editor. You can make any external link as Nofollow by simply checking rel=”Nofollow” checkbox.
5. SEO Smart Link
SEO Smart link optimizes your On-Page SEO by automatically linking keywords and phrases in your post and comments with corresponding posts, pages, tags and even categories on your blog.
So, Its a must-have plugin for WordPress that optimizes your site’s SEO.
Also, SEO Smart Links allows you to set up your keywords and set of matching URLs.
6. SEO Friendly Images
SEO Friendly is next on our list of best SEO plugins for WordPress. With SEO Friendly Images plugin, you can optimize your blog images and increase traffic from image search engines.
SEO friendly images plugin automatically adds ALT attributes into blog images but considering you have correctly named the image..
Give images useful name before uploading example in place of providing a name like image210.jpg; you should name it like “WordPress SEO.”
7. Google XML Sitemaps
Google XML sitemap is a highly recommended plugin for generating sitemaps for your WordPress blog and is one of the best SEO plugins because sitemap is necessary for submitting your site to major search engines like Google, Bing, etc.
This plugin automatically pings all the main Search engines whenever your site gets updated. If you are using Yoast SEO, then you can use Sitemap feature of Yoast and ignore this plugin.
Some more plugin that you can consider is All In One SEO Pack, EasyWPSEO, and Robots Meta. I skipped these plugin because Yoast SEO plugin already provides the features offered by these plugins.
If you are using All In One SEO pack, then you should ditch it and start using WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin.
I hope the SEO plugins included in the list of best WordPress SEO plugins and will help your WordPress blog to get higher search rankings.
Use only those plugins that you need otherwise using too many WordPress plugin may slow down your site and thus affecting your site’s SEO. Also to improve site speed, you should move to a reliable and cheap WordPress hosting provider.
If you think we have missed any deserving plugin then, please let us know via comments. If you enjoyed the article then please share it on Google+ and Facebook and do subscribe for updates.