Step By Step Guide To Create And Verify Indian PayPal Account
Do you want to Create and Verify PayPal Account in India?
Then believe me by end of the article you will have a FULLY VERIFIED Paypal India account.
When you are looking to make money online or start working online, you need to send and receive payments.
Most of us use a credit card or debit card for making payments.
But What about receiving money?
PayPal, Google wallet are some of the services you need to receive payment from any part of the world.
If you are a blogger, you might know that most of the advertising companies pay using PayPal. If you want to receive payments in India from overseas, then you must have a PayPal account.
Why You Need A PayPal Account In India?
PayPal is one of the most trusted and convenient services for sending and receiving payment instantly.
Before moving on how to create a PayPal account, you should know the benefits of having a PayPal account.
Benefits of using a PayPal account
- With a fully verified PayPal account, you will be able to receive payments from overseas.
- If you don’t have a credit card, you can use Indian Debit card to make payment.
- With PayPal, you will be able to send mass payment.
- You can easily create and send invoices directly to your client.
- PayPal is a more secure way of online payment as you can make an online payment without exposing your credit card details.
How To Create A PayPal India Account Step by Step
- Go to PayPal.com and click on Sign Up Now button.
- On next page, you will have to select “Individual account” and “Business account”. If you are a blogger, I would recommend going for Individual account. In case, in the future, if you ever need a Business account, you can upgrade your individual account to business instantly from PayPal dashboard.
- Now select your account type and click on continue.
- On next page, you need to select your country and provide your email address and password for your PayPal account. If you are done, click on continue.
- Now, here you need to fill out the form with your personal information. once you are done, check the box to agree and click on Agree and Create account.
- Here on this page, you can enter your Credit/Debit card details or o you can skip and link it later by clicking on “I’ll link my card later”.
- Now a message will appear confirming skip, Click on Yes, Skip it.
- In this next page click on the account to visit your PayPal dashboard.
- Now your PayPal account is created successfully. Please, you must remember, when you open a PayPal account in India, it’s a limited PayPal account. With a limited account you can send Payment to anyone using your credit or debit card, but to receive payment you need a verified PayPal account in India.
Completing PayPal Task
On your PayPal dashboard, click on complete your tasks.
For a fully functional PayPal account, you need to complete 4 tasks.
- Provide PAN
- Confirm Email
- Link/Add Bank Account
- Provide Purpose Code
Task 1: Provide PAN
You need to add a PAN to receive payments into your PayPal account and make withdrawals to your bank account in India.
Your PAN card name should be exactly same as your PayPal account name. If you don’t have a PAN card yet, then you should create a PayPal account in the name of your parents.
Provide 10-digit alphanumeric code as on your PAN card and click on submit.
Task 2: Confirming Email
When you signup for PayPal account, you will get an Email from PayPal containing the link to confirm your email and verify your PayPal account.
In order to receive payment, you must confirm your Email.
Task 3: Adding/Linking Bank Account To PayPal Account
You must add a bank account to receive payments into your PayPal account. This process could take 2-3 days to complete. To link your bank account click on start in front of Add bank account. Now you will be taken to next page where you need to add following bank details:
- Your Name (Name on your Bank account must match your name on PAN card)
- Your Bank Account
- Your Bank NEFT IFSC Code: If you don’t know your bank branch IFSC code then go to your bank official site and search for it or you can ask your bank customer care for it. Or you can simply Google it with Your bank name, branch, IFSC code. Example: ICICI Bank, Kathua IFSC code. You can also use Ifsccodebank.com and Bankifsccode.com websites to find your bank IFCS code by selecting Bank name, the branch from the drop down list.
Once you are done with adding your bank account details. Make sure all information is correct and clicks on review.
Now PayPal will send 2 small deposits in your bank account within 4-5 days. Check your bank account for deposits.
Once you received these small deposits in your bank account, log in to your PayPal account. Click on Get Verified at the top and you will be taken to next page. Now enter the small amount in the boxes and click on confirm.
Now you have completed verification of your bank account and PayPal linking.
Task 4: Add PayPal Purpose Code
Now you need to provide purpose code for your account.
As per Indian regulations, you must add purpose code for withdrawing payments to your bank account from your PayPal account.
Purpose code indicates the type or nature of business for which you are receiving payments to your PayPal account. It simply helps RBI to track the nature and type of transaction that’s going on.
To add purpose code, click on start in front of Add Purpose Code. If you are receiving payment for affiliate commissions or advertising, select “Advertising and Market Research” or select whatever you find appropriate.
This Purpose code is your default purpose code. You can select any other purpose code at the time of withdrawing funds to your Bank account from your PayPal account.
For Indian PayPal, account money is withdrawn automatically to your bank account every day. But you can also manually do so.
It may take 5-6 working days for the money to be credited to your bank account.
Linking Credit Card/ Debit Card With Indian PayPal Account
If have successfully linked your bank account to your PayPal account then this step is optional. Your PayPal will be fully functional without credit card or debit card details if you have already linked your bank account to PayPal account.
But in case you want to make payments through PayPal then you need to link debit or credit card with your PayPal account.
To link your credit card or debit card to your bank account, then on your PayPal dashboard, click on Link debit/credit card.
You will not face any issue while linking your credit card to your PayPal account. But the debit card of few banks works with PayPal.
Few debit card which works fine with PayPal account:
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank Platinum Chip Debit Card
- Axis Bank
- CITI Bank
I am personally using ICICI debit card and I can assure you that ICICI debit card works with Paypal India.
In case if you want to add a new credit card or debit card or edit/remove existing credit card or debit card, then you can do so by going to Profile >> Link/Edit Credit Card.
Many users usually ask me how to create a PayPal account without credit card?
So I want to make this point clear that you can create a fully functional PayPal account without a credit card, you just need to add/link your bank account with PayPal account which I had already discussed in the article above.
We are finished with the article on how to create a PayPal account. I hope this article will help you in creating and verifying your Indian PayPal account.
For any query and feedback, Please leave a comment. If you really found this article helpful then do share it on Facebook and Google+. For future updates do subscribe.